Want to control all of your entertainment devices at home all in one? Logitech Harmony 300 software is the right answer for all your needs. This software is needed to install before you use the Logitech Harmony 300 to operate the devices you have.
Logitech Harmony 300 is a remote control that will make it easier to control all the devices. Hence. You don’t need many remote controls for your devices, just by setting up the remote and installing the devices on the setup to operate them through one remote.
1. Design and Set-Up
This Logitech remote comes with an ergonomics design that is comfortable to hold. It is also very lightweight because it only weighs about 5.9 ounces. It also has a curvy body that is suitable for your palm while holding this device.
The manufacturer also arranges the buttons and provides them in size, which is similar to other Harmony remote lines. However, we can spot the difference of this remote from its button.
Harmony 300 brings soft and rubbery buttons like what is owned by another Harmony remote, Harmony 700.
It comes in glossy black looks, which look decent. The rest of the body is made from hard plastic, which makes it solid enough. On the back part, you find the battery compartment where the two AA batteries lay there to support this remote’s performance.
2. Logitech Harmony 300 Features
- Programmable buttons
- Volume controls
- DVR controls for TV recording
- Two AA batteries
- Replace four remote operations
- Easy online setup
- Online support
- Updated device database
3. Logitech Harmony 300 Pros & Cons
- Ergonomic and lightweight design
- Affordable price
- Control four devices simultaneously
- Easy installation
- Support over 5.000 brands
- Lack of programmable macros
- No LCD screen for customizable options
- Limits for controls of devices
4. Logitech Harmony 300 Software Compatible Operating System
Before using Logitech harmony 300 remotes, you need to complete the online setup. It can be performed from your PC running Windows or Mac OS. To make sure your PC can be used to conduct the setup, whether it runs the compatible versions of operating system such as below.
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 8 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 10 (32/64 bit)
Logitech Harmony 300 Drivers | Download
- Mac OS 10.6 to 10.14 versions
Logitech Harmony 300 Drivers | Download
5. Easy Installation
This Logitech remote offers a different experience that you cannot get from its counterparts. It is very easy to install and can be applied to all the entertainment devices you have.
Without the need to punch the universal remote codes, the installation only will take a few minutes.
It will be really helpful for you to read the manual because it contains information about how to simply set up the remote. These are several steps that you have to carry out.
- First, insert the two AA batteries into its compartment.
- Gather the device information that you will control with this remote. Discover the manufacturer and model number and fill them on the table given.
- Complete the online setup by connecting the remote with the computer via USB cable.
- Open the web browser and go to myharmony.com.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to make the Harmony account and install My Harmony desktop software.
- Once the online setup is completed, unplug the remote, and you can try it to control the entertainment system. Just point the remote to any device such as television to see if it works.
This remote is compatible with more than 5000 brands of devices, so it can be used to control any device. Not just provide easiness for controlling the TV, this Logitech remote can now even control the DVD player.
You may also like:
- Logitech K360 Driver for Windows and Mac
- Logitech G430 Software for Windows & Mac
- Logitech G633 Software for Windows & Mac
It comes with a specific setting that can differentiate between TV and DVD player.
You just need to click on the device you want to control using the remote. Although it is hard to do control many devices all at once, Logitech Harmony 300 software makes it come to reality.
All the devices controls are presented in one single remote so that it doesn’t create clutter over your table.
Without wasting too many codes for the setting up process or worrying about the lost remote, Logitech Harmony 300 makes the entertainment system more satisfying.
Logitech Harmony 300 software has made the entertainment system controlling another level due to simultaneous and easy operation in a single remote control. At least, that is what its review tells about.