You already have a gaming keyboard. Yet, it seems the macros on it are not enough. Or maybe you are a laptop gamer who is looking for a way to enhance your gaming experience. In either case, a gaming board can help.
Here in this article, we review the Logitech G13. Below, we tell you the gaming board’s design and features, performance, pros, and cons, as well as operating systems that are compatible with the Logitech G13 software.
1. Logitech G13 Design and Features
Design-wise, the Logitech G13 gaming board is quite attractive. The gaming board has sharp yet elegant lines and is almost entirely covered with a black matte finish. It looks luxurious but without garishness, unlike many gaming peripherals out there.
Looks is not the only thing the Logitech G13 has to offer, of course. The ergonomically designed gaming board has a sloped wrist rest padded with a soft rubbery material that provides not just comfort but also excellent grip.
With the Logitech G13 gaming board, you can have all of the programmable buttons at your fingertip.
Now, what about the features? The gaming board features include
- An LCD that can display CPU or memory usage, time/date/email, and media player display, among other things.
- 28 customizable buttons, consisting of a four-directional thumbstick, two buttons on either side of the thumbstick, and 22 G keys.
- Highly customizable macros to which you can insert delays, delays, as well as mouse events.
- Customizable backlighting color.
- On-board memory that allows profiles, keymaps, and macros to be saved to the device itself. This means you just need to install the software and drivers and you can import your profiles to any machine easily.
- Fast and snappy macro execution.
And here’s a quick spec of the Logitech G13.
- Release date: 2008
- Height: 1.3 in.
- Width: 7 in.
- Depth: 10 in.
- Weight: 1.3 lbs.
- Cable: 7 ft.
- Price: Vary since the gaming board has been discontinued yet there is still demand for it
2. Logitech G13 Performance
Speaking of performance, the Logitech G13 is a gaming board that does its job well. With this gaming board, you can perform complicated actions with just a single key press. The Logitech G13 also has three layout buttons, using which you can switch between configurations.
No need to open the Logitech G13 software or tweak any settings. A press of a button will do the job instantly. That, of course, will enhance your gaming experience regardless of what game you are playing.
The Logitech G13 gaming board also has an LCD display. Although the display is simple, it is very useful for gaming. It can display various things, from date and time, the game profile you are currently using, a countdown timer to a live meter of CPU and memory usage.
The amount of customizable buttons on the gaming board is both an advantage and a disadvantage. On one hand, they benefit you as you can set the buttons to your liking, thus enhancing your gaming experience.
On the other, that means you will need time to get used to the pre-game setup. If you are a beginner, this also means a steep learning curve.
It’s time to update:
- Logitech G213 Software for Windows and Mac
- Logitech G533 Software and Driver Download
- Logitech C930E Software and Driver Download
3. Logitech G13 Pros and Cons
- Highly customizable
- High-quality build
- Good portability as you can save your profiles, keymaps, and macros to the device thanks to its onboard memory
- Compatible with Mac
- Some buttons are unlikely to be used due to unnatural key layout
- Mode buttons have bad visibility
- Steep learning curve
4. Logitech G13 Compatible Operating System
The Logitech G13 software is very user-friendly. To customize a button, all you need is to click the button and follow the prompts. Want to save your profile on the device? Just click on the running man icon. Setting the backlighting color is easy, too. Just click the M buttons and set it to your liking.
So yes, to make the most of the gaming board, you will need to download and install the software. Below following are operating systems the software is compatible with.
1. Logitech G13 for Windows
Compatible OS: Windows 10 (32 bit / 64 bit), Windows 8.1 (32 bit / 64 bit), Windows 8 (32 bit / 64 bit), Windows 7 (32 bit / 64 bit), Windows Vista, Windows XP.
2. Logitech G13 Software for Mac OS X
Compatible OS: MacOS X 10.10 or newer
So if you are looking for a way to enhance your gaming experience, the Logitech G13 gaming board is an excellent option.
It is packed with features, allows for serious customization, and has good performance. To enjoy all these, you will need to install the Logitech G13 software,