If a home printer is what you need, look no further than the Canon Pixma MG2920. This affordable and compact printer offers more than just printing, scanning, and copying capabilities.
It produces excellent output quality, has wired and wireless connectivity options, and supports Cloud printing, among others.
Want to learn more about the MG2920?
Below, we review the printer’s design and features, performance, how to install, pros and cons, and operating systems that are compatible with the Canon Pixma MG2920 driver.
1. Quick Specs
- Manufacturer: Canon
- Model number: MG2920
- Printing technology: Inkjet
- Connectivity technology: USB, Wi-Fi
- Compatible devices: PC, laptops
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 16.8 x 12.1 x 5.8 inches
- Weight: 7.6 lbs
- Price: USD 239.99
2. Canon Pixma MG2920 Design and Features
In terms of design, the MG2920 looks quite appealing. It comes in white and has a boxy look but with rounded edges. It is also small, with dimensions of only 16.8 x 12.1 x 5.8 inches and a weight of 7.6 lbs.
The small footprint leaves you more room for other items on the desk.
With the Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering, the printer can fire ink droplets as small as 2pl. This and the high resolutions produce not just amazing quality but also detail.
The wireless capability is a huge plus. It is very convenient to be able to print, scan, and copy anywhere around the house. The Pixma Printing Solutions (PPS) feature makes printing documents and photos using a mobile device hassle-free.
The Canon Pixma MG2920 supports Cloud printing. You can print your documents from Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Facebook, and Twitter.
There is Auto Power On feature, too. This feature powers up the MG2920 automatically whenever you send a document or photo to be printed.
No need to worry about the noise. The printer comes with a Quiet Mode. It works quietly and gets the job done without disturbing you and the people around you.
You may also like:
- Canon Pixma MX922 Driver for Windows & Mac
- Canon Pixma MG2500 Driver for Windows & Mac
- Canon Pixma MG2922 Driver for Windows & Mac
3. Setting Up
When it comes to setting up, it is easy to do. Simply connect the printer to a computer via a USB port or Wi-Fi connection. Then insert the printer’s setup CD-ROM, install the Canon Pixma MG299 driver, and follow the instructions. That’s all.
4. Canon Pixma MG2920 Performance
Speed is not the forte of the Pixma MG2920, as it can only print up to 8 black images per minute and 4 color images per minute. It is a rather slow printer. Here’s the thing. Although the printer is not as fast as the competition, it produces excellent output quality.
Thanks to the FINE feature and high resolutions (up to 600 x 600 dpi for black and up to 4,800 x 600 dpi for color), the text is sharp, and the colors are vivid. It may not be a speedy printer, but you can always rely on it for output quality.
5. How to Install
Follow the steps below to install the printer’s driver.
- Open your web browser and head to the MG2920 page on Canon’s official website.
- Click the GET PRODUCT SUPPORT button, then DRIVERS & DOWNLOAD.
- Select your operating system. Your operating system should be detected automatically. You can change them if it is not correct.
- Select Language.
- Under Recommended Driver, click SELECT.
- Click the DOWNLOAD button. Your download should start immediately.
- Locate the downloaded file and run it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until the Canon Pixma MG2920 driver installation is finished.
- Restart your computer if necessary.
6. Canon Pixma MG2920 Pros & Cons
- Small footprint
- Wireless capability
- FINE ink cartridges
- Support Cloud printing
- Excellent output quality
- It doesn’t come with a USB cable
- A bit slow
7. Compatible Operating System
The Canon Pixma MG2920 driver is compatible with lots of operating systems, both Windows OS and macOS. The following are operating systems compatible with the printer.
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP1 and SP2
- Windows SP3 32-bit
Canon Pixma MG2920 Driver | Download
- Mac OS X v10.13
- Mac OS X v10.12
- Mac OS X v10.11
- Mac OS X v10.10
- Mac OS X v10.9
- Mac OS X v10.8
- Mac OS X v10.7
- Mac OS X v10.6
Canon Pixma MG2920 Driver | Download
If you are looking for a home printer to meet your printing needs, the Pixma MG2920 is worth considering. It offers many things, from affordability, a small footprint, excellent output quality, wireless capability, to ease of use.
And all you have to do to enjoy these is to install the Canon Pixma MG2920 driver.