Want to have a low-cost printer with high-quality outputs for your small office? Brother HL-2270 DW provides the qualities to meet your needs. This laser monochrome printer serves as a good alternative to the classic model from Brother that has currently become inkjet printers.
By installing the Brother HL-2270 DW driver, you can enjoy modern pictures, tricolor, and high-capacity ink. From the review, it is also known that this printer offers more strengths compared with another HL model, HL-2240 although both have the same size.
1. Brother HL-2270 DW Design
The HL-2270 DW printer brings the same design and dimension from HL-2170W. However, Brother uses a matte black finish for this printer. For the size, this printer comes in 14.5 x 14.2 x 7.2 inches which are easily put on the desk. It also weighs around 15.4 lbs or 7.0 kg which is still moveable in the work setting.
With those dimensions and weight, this printer is not only suitable for a small office but also for personal use. On the front lips, you can see the printer toner port and a paper tray.
You also can discover a manual feed paper port that can be set into various paper sizes such as A4, A5, A6, B5, B6, Letter, and envelopes.
It is also equipped with 32 MB of onboard memory and a connectivity interface of 802.11 b/g wireless. The control board of this printer brings a simple look like its body. On this panel, you can find a “Go” switch with multiple functions along with three small LEDs to manage the printer toner.
2. Brother HL-2270 DW Features
- 32 MB of internal memory
- Support 3 types of wireless setup: wired USB, Ethernet, and wireless 802.11 b/g
- 250-sheet paper tray
- LED panel
- Manual paper feeder
3. Brother HL-2270 DW Performance
Brother HL-2270 DW offers effective performance with a printing speed of 11.7 pages per minute. This is a decent quality that a micro office or personal printer has. This quality is still better from either Hl-224o that has a USB connection only, or P1220W that lacks an Ethernet connector.
This printer supports both Ethernet and WiFi connections. This makes its performance is still better than those two printers that have similar speed. It produces the standard output quality of a laser monochrome printer but is still good enough for any business need.
The quality of photo printing produced by this machine is decent, like what we expect to get from a mono laser printer. It is good enough to print photos from web pages or make a newsletter.
Overall, it provides fast-speed and high-quality outputs for a laser monochrome printer.
You may also like:
4. Brother HL-2270 DW Pros & Cons
- Small size
- High-quality output, especially text
- Decent mono printing speed
- Wired and WiFi connectivity supports
- Affordable price
- WPS feature
- Paper handling only supports light-duty printing
- No additional options for paper handling
- Low-end printer toner cartridge
5. Compatible Operating System
To be able to use this printer, you need to make sure that the computer used meets the operating system requirements. Although Brother HL-2270DW driver supports many versions of operating systems, it doesn’t support all of them.
Get to know some of the compatible operating systems that can support the driver installation of Brother HL-2270DW.
- Windows Server 2012 (64 bit)
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows 8 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 10 (32/64 bit)
Full Driver & Software Package | Download
- MacOS 10.14
- MacOS 10.15
Printer Driver macOS (10.14) | Download
Printer Driver macOS (10.15) | Download
- Linux (32/64 bit)
RPM Package | Download
Before using the printer, you need to install the Brother HL-2270DW driver on your computer previously. Then, you can connect your computer to the printer. Here are the steps to install the drivers provided in the manual.
- Visit Brother’s official website and choose the operating system version running on your computer.
- Download the most suitable driver.
- Once the downloading process is complete, open the driver file and extract it.
- Use a USB cable to connect your computer with the printer and make sure it is properly connected.
- Open the driver file and run the program on your computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the installation process finish, restart your computer.
- Now, you can use it to print any document.
Installing Brother HL-2270DW driver is actually a good option to meet small office light-duty printing needs. It offers small, fast, and low-cost printing, which is good for your budget, along with Ethernet and WiFi supports to ease all the works.